DBT05 - UX Researcher
User Experience (UX) Researchers work to answer the most challenging questions in design. In this role, you will reveal what our users need from our products by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users, and working with teams of UX Team, Product Managers, Engineers and others to develop new features.
You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering exciting oral, written and visual presentations about our findings. Most importantly, your job as a researcher is to help the UX team understand what would make a user’s experiences feel more intuitive, accessible, fun—and even magical.
As a UX Researcher, you will be collaborating with your peers within the Digital Banking Group; working alongside our UX Researchers, Product Managers, Technical Analysts, and Digital Marketing Team.
Your Core Tasks
UX Researchers partner with stakeholders throughout the software development lifecycle – from the early planning stages, through product development, and following launch – to ensure that customer considerations influence UX/UI designs intended for current and future product releases.
UX Researchers facilitate design thinking sessions and discovery workshops, design and execute ethnographic fieldwork, create and maintain personas and customer journey maps, test proof of concept prototypes and product releases, and deliver research insights and design recommendations as part of Agile teams.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing).
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and other UXRs to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products, solutions and features
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnographies, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing)
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Present research findings and make prioritized recommendations through written reports and presentations
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of work experience.
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies either live or remote (e.g. Userzoom or usertesting.com).
- Master's degree in a related field.
- 2 years of relevant work experience. Experience with internet search, advertising, and curation.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Experience in survey design (ie: Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, TypeForm, Google Form).
- Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process. Demonstrated passion for mobile, apps or development environments.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.